Launching new programmes to diversify language school offering and respond to new market opportunity.
- Early 2000s in Russia. Growing in popularity as a travel destination for graduates and other young people looking to enhance their CV.
- Target audience wanting to do more than teach English.
- Research into market and audience identified a gap in the market and led to creation of following programmes:
- Work Study - opportunity to properly learn Russian whilst teaching English
- Volunteer in occupations other than teaching – translation, admin, marketing
- Messaging focused on how these opportunities could benefit the longer-term career prospects of the target audience in addition to providing an exciting travel opportunity. A well thought out customer journey made it easy for people to apply and purchase the programmes.
- The programmes launched successfully and demand was high enough that the organisation could be really selective with participants when filling places.
- Additional staff hired to support admin of programmes. • Stood the test of time – the programmes are still going strong.