Responding to customer needs by making a complex new programme easy to understand and deliver.
- The Government decided to redefine how it wanted entry level vocational training to be organised and delivered. As a result, the client, a leading vocational education organisation, would need to review its offer to customers, in this case Further Education Colleges and training providers.
- Presented an opportunity to create a competitively differentiated programme and support package that really responded to what customers considered important.
- Properly understand the market dynamics – changes, outlooks, competitor landscape.
- Focus groups and online surveys to really understand how customers were feeling and what they wanted from the client.
- Customers were nervous about the changes and wanted their hands held. At the same time, they wanted to feel in control. They wanted the client to provide robust support as well as making the programme as easy to understand as possible.
- The client responded by developing clear and easy to use web pages, creating a practical step by step guide, running road shows and setting up a forum to answer customer questions and respond to any concerns they had. The messaging ‘Hands on help and support to put you in control‘ communicated this effectively.
- Record enquiries about the client’s programme.
- Very positive feedback from customers and prospects on how the client communicated and provided support to enable them to deliver this new programme